Pages

Jun 7, 2014

Throw Pillows

I confess.  I have an obsession with throw pillows.  All shapes, sizes, colors and textures.  I have made some of them myself and I have purchased a few.  Okay, maybe more than a few.

Last June we made a road trip to the hill country with our newly married couple (Mr. & Mrs. B) and his parents.  Our first stop was Bandera, TX to see the Junior Gordon Band (local band from Alvin, TX) play at the 11th Street Cowboy Bar.  This was our first time to go to Bandera and also our first time to see and hear the Junior Gordon Band.  

Bandera, Texas calls itself the "Cowboy Capital of the World".  The total area of the city is 1.2 square miles and is located 47 miles NW of downtown San Antonio on the Medina River.

 We arrived early in the afternoon and had time to kill before the bands were scheduled to play so what do we do when we have time to kill?  We shop!!!  We are serious shoppers.  It is in our blood. 
  
We came across this one shop named Gunslinger.  They had a lot of nice things, beautiful jewelry, clothing, furniture, etc.  I found a beautiful "blingy" bracelet I had to have.  And then honey, the heavens opened up and the angels started singing.  I could hardly breathe.  There she was in all her glory.  Feminine and rustic all in one.  I marveled at who had taken the time and thought to put these various items together to make this beautiful pillow.  I am a very crafty person.  I knew I could take a picture with my phone, walk away and attempt to find similar items to recreate this pillow.  But why?  This one had a hand written letter on the letterhead of the Hotel Mira-Mar in Chicago tucked away in the pocket made just for it.  So I called Mrs. B over and said "what do you think?".  She loved it.  She said "I think you should get it." 

I am known to pass my home decor and throw pillows down to my girls when I want to trade for something new.  From time to time, Mrs. B will ask "are you ready to pass me your pillow?"  My response, "no, honey, not yet.  She's a keeper." 






I take my hat off to the person that made this pillow.  You are a genius.  I love your creativity and ability to think farther (or is it further) "out of the box" that some of us ever will.  Thank you for getting my creativity juices going again.

We had an amazing time at the 11th Street Cowboy Bar and loved the Junior Gordon Band.  We are loyal fans.  You should check them out!

Debbie







No comments:

Post a Comment