Pages

Jul 30, 2014

Ceiling Medallion



I came across this medallion at Hobby Lobby.  It was on sale for $34.99, regular price of $99.00.  It had a hook on the back for you to hang it on the wall, however, I want to use it as a ceiling medallion for the breakfast room.

It took Brad and Brooke a couple of hours to drill through the middle of their medallion because of the rocks that were in the middle so we assumed it would take us about the same amount of time.  The hubs prepared by getting his drill ready.


Brooke and Brad stopped by just in case we needed some help cutting out the center of the medallion.  Brad decided to try and see if a flat head screw driver would do the job.


  Lucky for us the rocks were not in the area we needed to remove.  Our job was done in less than 10 minutes.  :)  Gotta love it!!!  


The hole does not have to be perfect as the cap of the light fixture will cover it up.  I will be painting it with a coat of primer so the paint color does not bleed through to the top color.  I will be doing a crackle finish so now I just have to decide what colors I want to use.

Debbie


No comments:

Post a Comment