Pages

Jul 8, 2014

Outdoor Patio Curtains Update



I am happy to say that the outdoor patio curtains have been sewn and hung up.  ;-)  I have to add Velcro to the tie backs.  Right now they are just pinned with a safety pin.  I've noticed that the wind is blowing them down so I will have to attach a piece of Velcro to the pole so it will hold the tie backs in place.


We are very happy with the way they look.  

  

In the photo above, you can see that there are no panels on the 4th pole.  Mr. K was concerned that the fabric would get caught up in the AC unit.  However, he now sees that the tie backs keep the panels close to the poles.  I have ordered more fabric to make two panels for that pole.  :)  Can I get a "told ya so!"



Here's the view from inside looking out.  While I was ironing the panels, I discovered the fabric is a perfect match with our family room.  The colors and the print matches perfectly with the chair and large throw pillows.  I have ordered more fabric for the two panels to frame out the windows above.  I am so excited to see the difference the panels make.  

Debbie


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! We are really enjoying them. Now if I can get the other panels made before summer is over! :)

      Delete
  2. These look really nice - beautiful pool, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. We are very proud of the work we have put in to it. It continues to be a "work in progress".

      Delete
  3. How beautiful the curtain panels are. We just put an in ground pool in last fall and are loving every minute of it this summer. I made all the furniture cushions and painted used furniture to upcycle them. I was at a thrift store and found about 20 yds of white sheer fabric for $10. I bought it and now want to hang sheer curtians around our deck. I hope they look as nice as yours do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Congratulations on your new pool. Aren't they a lot of fun? We love ours. I am in it pretty much every single day. Kudos to you for making your cushions. I haven't been that brave as of yet. So far, I've only made the curtains and pillows. :)

      Delete