Pages

Jan 7, 2015

Designing a Space Inspired By A Painting

Wooded Walkway
I was recently approached by www.invaluable.com to put together a mood board inspired by one of their paintings.  I have to say it did not take me long to find a beautiful piece of art.  I immediately fell in love with the "Wooded Walkway" by Alex Oropeza.  I was drawn to the many beautiful colors used in the painting.  You can find so many beautiful paintings here on www.invaluable.com in their Paintings category.

I must admit that this is the first time I have ever put together a mood board online.  I chose to work with Olioboard.  Here is the design I came up with:


After choosing the painting, the first thing I chose was the ceiling tin.

                               Click to enlarge

Of course, I could not pass up the opportunity to use a beautiful ceiling medallion layered upon the ceiling tin.  Isn't it a beauty?

MD-9075 Copper Ceiling Medallion
I love Hooker Furniture so it was really easy for me to choose a dining table.

Sanctuary Rectangle Dining Table w/1-18in Leaf 3024-75203

The next thing I chose were the drapes from Pier One.  I like the sheen of the fabric without the "fussy" look.  Keeping it simple but elegant at the same time.


I really enjoyed putting this board together especially since there was no budget.  I'd love to hear any comments or suggestions of what you may have done differently in this beautiful and bright dining room.

Take care,

Debbie



Shop the Look


No comments:

Post a Comment