Pages

Jun 9, 2015

Rodgers + Hammerstein's Cinderella

cinderella

Saturday was a very busy day for our family.  Ms. A had her flag football playoffs at 10 a.m. and Sweet P had a Girl Scouts outing that started at 8:45 a.m.  I volunteered to bring Sweet P and Paw Paw went to Ashlyn's games.

Nelly and Ms. J met Sweet P and I at our office downtown.  We placed our lunches in the refrigerator until lunch time.

Here is Sweet P and Miss J waiting for their tour of behind the scenes of the Hobby Center to begin.



We were not able to take photos of the good stuff like costumes, props, and Cinderella's dressing room.  :(  It was so hard not to take photos.  The costumes were stunning.

Here is a photo of a dressing room we were able to go into.





Sweet P borrowed my camera to take a photo of the flowers.  She is our budding photographer.


While walking through the hallways, there are many murals for the different shows, signed by each participant.  There were so many I only captured my favorites.









We were able to walk through the stage and see the props.  I really wanted to take a photo of the carriage.  It was GORGEOUS!!!  It was gold with lots of bling.

The leaders held a question and answer session for the girls.


This is the ceiling of the theater.  There is a shooting star that goes off every five minutes.  As you can see I missed it!


Here the girls are waiting for their dance instructions.  They learned about six different styles of dancing all within the span of an hour.  It was so much fun watching them attempt to learn the moves.  We laughed and laughed.  I have quite a few videos but I haven't had a chance to go through them yet.  I hope to get them posted later this week.  So darn cute!


Here's Sweet P making sure that I am watching her and getting her on camera.  :)


Our office is only two blocks away from the Hobby Center so we walked back and forth under the shade of the trees.  It was really nice.


Sweet P saw the tour bus and said "look it's the night bus from Harry Potter!"


After lunch we walked back to the Hobby Center to meet up with Tiffani, Nonnie and Ms. A.  While we were waiting for them we perused the gift shop.  Sweet P found a watch with a Cinderella slipper charm on a chain that she had to have.  :)  Of course I bought it for her.

 


There was a backdrop for photos.... 

 

These two girls get along so well.


We loved the performance.  There were surprising new twists that totally caught us off guard.

Here's a photo of Ms. A with her medal.  Her team came in second place.  They won the first game and lost the second one.  I have to give a shout out to her Paw Paw.  Ms. A had to leave at half time of the second game so she could shower to see Cinderella.  Her Paw Paw stayed until the end to get her medal.  The coach had nice things to say about her.  She is the only girl on the team and is only nine years old.  Some of the boys are 12 and 13 years old.  He said he was so proud when she caught the ball for the extra point.  When the coach mentioned she was the only girl on the team one of the boys piped up and said she is the only girl in the league.  Even the boys had nice things to say about her.  Afterwards, Paw Paw picked up fresh flowers for her and dropped them off with the medal just before she left for the performance.  She was so happy.  Great job Paw Paw.



It was a very long day.  We were all tired and ready for a nap!
But there was no nap for me!  When I got home the hubs was putting in the new lantern posts I wanted behind the fire pit.  Yeah....I had to help!

I think they turned out really nice.  Now all I need to do is go by Hobby Lobby and get the brackets!


Hope you have a great day!

Take care,

Debbie





No comments:

Post a Comment