Pages

Jul 30, 2015

Hawaiian Pork Chops




I bet you are saying to yourself that's not Hawaiian Pork Chops.  If so, you're right!  It never dawned on me that I was going to be cooking these in the oven.  Yeah right!  Not in all this heat.  I quickly changed my mind and decided to grill them.  An added bonus was I was able to get in an extra 15 laps while waiting for it to be ready.  That's a win-win in my book.

We had brown rice, black-eye peas and deer sausage.  It was delicious!



Here is the recipe for what I mislead you to believe that I was going to be serving for dinner.  :)  It sounds delicious.


Hawaiian Pork Chops

6 3 oz. Boneless center-cut loin pork chops
1 8 1/2 oz. can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 T. lemon juice
1 T. honey
1 T. low sodium soy sauce
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
vegetable cooking spray

Trim fat from chops.  Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot.  Add pork, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until lightly browned.  Place pork chops in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray.  Combine pineapple and remaining 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well.  Spread pineapple mixture over pork.  Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until tender when tested with a fork.


The hub's mom bought him a Rock'em Sock'em Robots game and she wanted some pics of him and the grandkids playing.




One of my goals being home was to start making smoothies again for breakfast.  We like Lean Body in the vanilla and the chocolate flavors.  For this smoothie I used frozen pineapple that I had in the freezer.  It makes it so much faster if you freeze your portions ahead of time.  I use a full scoop for the hub's smoothie and 1/2 of a scoop for mine.  I add about 6 ounces of water and more ice to make a smoothie this size.


I am hoping to settle down into a routine so I will be more consistent with my posts.  I have been all over the board this week except when it comes to getting my laps in.  I am swimming first thing in the morning so I don't get distracted during the day.  :)

Hope you are having a great day!

Take care,

Debbie




1 comment:

  1. Great pics love them, not hard to guess who is winning.(grands of course) Wish I could take credit for buy but was Hubs sister, brought back childhood memories-fun times. Thanks again-MIL

    ReplyDelete