Pages

Jan 22, 2016

Coffee Filter Wreath


I have wanted to make a coffee filter wreath forever!  I am so excited that it is finally happening.  I ran out of filters so I don't have a finished photo for you.  I should have one on Monday.

I used an open pack of coffee filters we had in the pantry.  I am guessing there were about 200 in the package.  I folded the filters in half, half again and half one more time all while watching TV.  I chose to staple mine at the bottom so it would stay together.  Choosing to do it this way made the gluing process go so much faster.


The folded filters look pretty just sitting in the container.  :)


I used my new cordless glue gun which I dearly love.  It makes it so much easier to work with by not having to deal with the cord getting in my way.


My other glue gun is 29 years old.  It was the first gift the hubs gave me for Christmas when we were dating.  It has been taking a really long time to heat up.  It has lasted way longer than I thought it would.



I decided to leave the plastic on the wreath so it wouldn't make a big mess.  :)

The first thing I did was I started gluing the filters on the outside of the wreath then I moved inside the ring of the wreath.  Once I finished them both I moved on to the outer ring.


And here is where I ran out of filters.  :(  I figured I would't have enough and I didn't.  I'll be going to the store for more tomorrow so I can finish it.  I am so excited!!!    Once I fold and glue the rest of the filters I will fluff all of the filters out.  I imagine I will be doing some trimming, too.


I will be using this ribbon to hang it once I have finished it.

 

I have so many things pinned on my Pinterest board.....not sure I'll get to all of them!  However, I am over the moon to get this one done!!!  Do you have anything on your Pinterest board you are wanting to make?  

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and are staying nice and warm!!!

Hugs,

xoxoxo

Debbie





4 comments:

  1. Debbie, I had to come by and see your wreath. I've seen many finished before but never know how it was done. Looking forward to seeing it completed. I know it'll be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Carol. Thank you for stopping by. I am taking a break from fluffing out all of the coffee filters. I am pushing through to get it done. I must admit I never thought about how long it would take at this stage. I am not sure I will have it finished by tomorrow. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see the finished product! My mom made one of these years ago and it turned out so cute! Thanks for your sweet words on my grandson's picture. :) Hope you've had a great weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Traci and thanks for stopping by. Did your mom share with you how time consuming it is to make it? Ha Ha! I never gave it a thought. I am excited to see the finished results. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

      Delete