Pages

Jan 29, 2016

Thank You For a Beautiful Day


Yesterday was a beautiful day.  I received the best wishes and love from so many friends and family.  Love you all right back!  Sweet kiddos sang Happy Birthday on my voicemail.  Something to treasure always.



The hubs left for work so I thought only to come back shortly after with beautiful roses, a sweet cake and my most favorite card ever.  I was very surprised.  I immediately called my bestie Patty and told her I was going to be running 30 minutes behind in meeting her as I had roses to arrange.  :)  I think I did a pretty good job if I must say so myself.



The beautiful card from my hubs reads like this:

For My Wife

You are the woman
who came into my life,
capturing my heart
and my imagination
and making me want
to be a better man
than I'd ever been before.



You are the woman
who turned our house into a home
and a haven where I can find
warmth, comfort, and peace,
and a kind of love I've never known.


You are the woman
whose gentle goodness
softens my rough edges
and whose caring encouragement
gives me all the support I need.


You are the woman
who is the heart and soul
at the center of my world...
my partner, my friend,
my reason for living...
my wife.


Happy Birthday

I'd say Hallmark aced that one!


I love these roses.  I have no idea what kind they are...if you know please leave me a comment below. 


The white on the outside makes the color red so much more pronounced.


I met Patty at Baybrook Mall in Webster (just down the road).  Here's a peek at what the new outdoor section looks like.


There are all kinds of restaurants lining along the courtyard area.


We could not have asked for a more beautiful day.  The high was around 54 degrees.



We had lunch at our favorite restaurant the Cheesecake Factory.  I chose the salad I got last time.  Patty had a chicken and pasta dish.  It was so good!  Can you believe this was the lunch portion?



For dessert we shared the Red Velvet Cheesecake.  I forgot to take a pic because we were so excited to dig in to the cheesecake.  It was so good!!!

Patty gifted me with this beautiful brown, sparkly infinity scarf.  I can't wait to wear it!  I really wish we would have had the server take our photo but we forgot...we were so busy talking.  Our server could not believe we have been friends for 26 years...after all he was only 24.  Still a baby...just kidding.


Nelly sent me this beautiful Edible Arrangement.  I have always wanted one.  It is so pretty and oh so good!


Those are pineapples cut out like cookies dipped in chocolate with sprinkles.


Oh how I love strawberries dipped in chocolate.


I want to thank my mother-in-law for the money and the beautiful card.  I really appreciate it.

For dinner the hubs and I went to Red Robin and I got the grilled chicken wrap with the chicken tortilla soup.  So good!



Sweet P and I will be having a joint birthday party on Monday to celebrate both of our birthdays.  I had asked her if she minded if we shared our parties together...she looked at me so seriously...paused...then asked if she could blow out the candles.  How sweet is that?  Of course I said yes!  We are going to dinner at Texas Roadhouse (her and my fav) and end with a "surprise" party for her at our house.  She is so excited as she requested the surprise party so she is unaware of the details  She has tried really hard to control the party who does she get that from?  I need to get busy making her cake.  I am not sure what it will look like just yet.  The theme is Disney Descendants.  Wish me luck!!!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

xoxoxo

Debbie


P.S.

Please say a pray for Nellie and her family as they lost a beloved family member this week and are having the funeral this weekend.  Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment