Pages

Jun 7, 2016

I Love Salads


I don't know about you but I love salads.  Love them.  But...and there is a big but here.  I will go to the grocery store and buy all the goodies to make a glorious salad, put them in the fridge with the best intentions to make one every day and then life happens and I don't get to it.  And I am so ashamed to say that there are times I end up throwing most everything away because it has gone bad then I beat myself up over wasting it.  It was a vicious cycle.

Well thanks to a sweet friend, Donna, I no longer have to do this.  She told me about the ready made salads at HEB.  OMG!!!  I love them.  Everything you need is inside of the container...even the fork.


Everything is portion controlled so all you do is open it up, add it in, and mix the dressing up with your salad.  Voila!!!


I like to add cherry tomatoes to my salad and anything else I may have on hand.


The Fiesta salad is a favorite of mine.  It has grilled chicken, corn, 4 cheese blend, tortilla chips and salsa ranch dressing.  It has 12 grams of protein and 210 calories.
The Chef salad has turkey breast, swiss cheese, ham and creamy ranch dressing.  It has 16 grams of protein and 260 calories.  Oh and did I mention they only cost $2.99?

I am now going out of my way to shop at HEB so I can stock up on the salads.  It is so awesome.  All I do is reach into the fridge and grab a salad for lunch and sometimes dinner.  For instance, yesterday we had a beautiful day with no rain so I was able to swim laps and hang out by the pool reading my book.  When I got hungry, I came inside, grabbed a salad and some fresh strawberries and was on my way.  No fuss and no mess.  Definitely a win win in my book.


 Do you like salads?  Does your husband eat salads?  Mine doesn't and I so wished he would.

I''m about to get a water sample from the pool to have Leslie's Pool Supplies test it to let me know if the chemicals are balanced out and if not what I need to add.  #loveLesliesPoolSupplies  Since we emptied the pool and refilled it again we had to put in large quantities of chemicals to get everything back to normal.  I put in the muriatic acid at 7 a.m. this morning so it could circulate for four hours before I can swim.  I normally put it in on Mondays but I chose our first sunshine day to be a play day.  The sun is so good for the soul.  Can you believe we still have not had a 90 degree day yet?  I know I must be dreaming.  :)  Yesterday the temperature of the water was 82 degrees.  That is still chilly.

I hope you have a wonderful day today.

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie






No comments:

Post a Comment