Pages

Jul 27, 2016

My Take on a Florida Room


I was recently contacted by the Florida office of Douglas Elliman, the Global Real Estate Firm.  They asked me to inspire homeowners to use their outdoor spaces year round by sharing what I have done with our outdoor space.

I don't know about you, but I consider outdoor patio space to be just as important as the square footage inside of our home.  It is prime real estate just waiting to be decorated and used for everyday life.  Think parties, barbecues, morning coffee.  Do you follow me?

I'm sure most of you already have patio furniture in your space.  The furniture doesn't need to be of a set.  You can mix and match items to work together or you can find an inexpensive set at Big Lots.

#ilovebiglots
#imnottooproud
#lovebiglotsprices

You can find beautiful outdoor rugs for under $100 at Sam's Club or Big Lots.  A pretty rug will bring all of the pieces together.  We were in need of a coffee table and stumbled upon this piece at Home Goods.  If you lift the lid, you will find two ice chests.  No more bulky ice chests in the way of a party.  :)

#lovehomegoods


Various plants placed around the patio brings it all together.  Little accessories like lanterns, pillows and candles are the finishing touches.

Outdoor curtains soften the look of the poles.  I have a tutorial here on how we hung ours.



A chandy looks good hanging over the center of the table.    You can finish the look with nice placemats and coordinating napkins.


I picked up this Backyard Bar canvas at Hobby Lobby for around $16.00.  The colors match really well.

#ohhowilovehobbylobby


Can you see the patio/garden lights hanging off of the patio cover?  They are only $9.99 a strand at At Home.

#loveathome


They look really nice at night.


We love spending time out here whether we're eating, grilling, swimming, watching movies or roasting marshmallows.

I hope I have inspired you to think of new ways of using your patio or as they say in Florida, your Florida room!

Take care,

Debbie






No comments:

Post a Comment