Pages

Apr 21, 2017

Pretty Toes


Today I am getting some much needed pampering in.  I'm embarrassed to say it's been at least 4 months since I had my toes professionally done.  Ewww!!!  TMI!!!

I got my hair cut and colored, a pedi and I have a massage this afternoon.  :)  Remember...I said it was much needed.

I have ALWAYS been a very independent woman.  Focus on the ALWAYS.  I have NEVER relied on anyone (as an adult) for financial support until this journey I am presently on.  I was a single mom for nine years so when times got hard I always said to myself "suck it up buttercup", "put your big girl panties on and deal with it", or my favorite "when life gives you lemons make lemonade".

Now I'm not saying that's the best way to be...it's just who I was.  Until now.  :)  The hubs has had so much fun making funny, snide remarks like "I'll pay for it", etc.  Like this week, Brooke picked something up for me and I kept forgetting to give her cash.  Well, she and her dad work together and she mentioned to him she kept forgetting about it.  So he immediately gets out his wallet to pay her and she says I'll get it from mom.  He laughs and says when she runs out she's coming to me for more so it doesn't really matter who pays.  :)

Fast forward to now.  I just walked out of the salon from getting a pedicure.  Ladies, you know how amazing it feels when you get your feet done.  AMAZING!!!  So I get in my car and call him (as he is driving back from a claim in Vinton.)  I tell him a woman always feels so sexy after getting her feet done.  I proceed to tell him if you ever need to surprise me with something you can give me a pedicure.  :)  The good guy that he is...he pauses (before he busts out laughing), and says I think I just paid for one.  OMG!!!  It was so funny!!!  I almost peed my pants.  Of course he paid for it.  I do not have a job!!!  Can you tell I am still adjusting?

I can say this about my journey.  It has made our marriage stronger than it ever was before.  We are closer than we have ever been.  All because a very independent woman had to be dependent.  Thank you God for this amazing journey.

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!!!

xoxoxo

Debbie







2 comments:

  1. Your husband is witty, LOL. We have so much in common (minus the pool, ha!). I was a single mom for about 20 years, ALWAYS independent even when changing countries we lived in. Last December I decided to quit my job and I think my daughter has the toughest time with it as I can't spoil her and my grandkids the way I used to. I need some pampering too, see if my husband will pay for it, haha. I'm just skipping the pedicure as I can't stand people touching my feet. Crazy, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jas! I am so happy you stopped by. It's so nice to meet another independent woman. :) I understand not being able to spoil the grandkids they way you used to. I was laid off in July of 2015 so I don't have the discretionary income I used to have so I am not buying for them like I did before. You should really treat yourself to a pedicure. You will love it. I promise. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete