Pages

May 9, 2017

My First Shopping Trip at Aldi



We have had an Aldi in Pearland for a couple of years now.  When they first opened it was cash only. I rarely have cash on me as I usually pay by check.  I know, I am old school.  :)

Aldi makes donations to CHH (Christian Helping Hands) so that opened up the opportunity to talk about the store.  You can learn more about CHH here.  My partner  in crime, Kelly, told me she goes there all the time.  She informed me they now take other forms of payment and I should really check it out.  The one thing she did say was if you buy the produce, make sure you eat it the week you buy it as it doesn't last long.

The one down side to shopping at Aldi is you have to bag your own groceries.  However, having said that, I believe the savings far outweighs the hassle of bagging your own groceries.

I have to say I enjoy shopping at Aldi as I love saving money.

#lovealdi
#lovesavingmoney

Warning!  These photos were all taken with my iPhone so they are not as clear and bright as usual but you will get the idea of the money you can save at Aldi.

First up are the tortilla chips and the salsa.  The chips are 99 cents and the salsa is $1.49.  Yep, $2.49 for a bag of chips and a jar of salsa.  Best part is it tastes really good!



Next up are the Swiss Rolls at 99 cents.  They are just as good as the brand Little Debbie.


I buy the French Vanilla K cups for $3.99.  This is a savings of $3 each compared to other grocery stores.


I buy the Boathouse Farms Green Goodness for the hubs.  They sell for $2.99 each while other stores sell it for $3.99.


My son-in-law loves to drink Arizona Green Iced Tea.


Okay now, when was the last time you saw a loaf of bread for 69 cents?  Seriously?  A family can save so much money shopping at Aldi.


For those of you who will be having barbecues for Mother's day you can get hamburger buns for 59 cents.  Everyday price.


We tried the barbecue chips and they are really good.  Every day price of 99 cents.  Do I have your attention now?!!!



Same son-in-law loves the Arnold Palmer Half & Half Iced Tea Lemonade.  A 12 pack is $3.95.


For all of you milk lovers a gallon of milk is $1.76.


You can pick up a box of Vanilla wafers for your banana pudding for only $1.08.


We have tried the pork chops and they were delicious.

I hope this post helped you see how you can save money by shopping at Aldi.  I really wish I had started a long time ago.  Aldi is always running sales on various items in the store.  If you see something you want, get it right away as there are no rainchecks.  First come first served.

I enjoy shopping at Aldi.  I love knowing a big conglomerate wants me to save my money, too.  That's a win win in my book.  Best part is we have a new Aldi opening up soon in Pearland!!!

Things have been crazy at our house this past week.  Our landscaping is being "refreshed" and brought back to life.  I really should say resuscitated because it was looking so bad.  I'm looking forward to sharing the pics with you this week.

Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Take care,

Debbie




No comments:

Post a Comment