Pages

Jul 14, 2017

Restoring Old Chairs With A New Coat of Paint



Yesterday I restored a pair of old Hampton Bay chairs we have on our front porch.  You can see from the photo below the color of the chairs was almost totally gone.  You can see a hint of the original golden color.  The chairs are in mint condition so we didn't want to get rid of them.  Just restore them to their very best.

The first thing I did was clean them off really good and wipe them dry.



I chose Rust-Oleum's Universal Satin Spray Paint in Espresso Brown.  It has the paint and the primer all in one making it an easy peasy project.  The hardest thing was waiting for the paint to dry and it didn't take very long.



#rustoleum
#savingmoney

I think they came out beautiful!  In fact, I find myself walking out to the porch to look at them.  The color is GORGEOUS!!!  The chairs look brand new!


For now, I have put the old pillows back on the chair.  I will be making some new ones with fabric I already have left over from the curtains I made for the patio.
 

What do you think of our new shutters?  You may recognize them as the same ones we put on the side of the French doors in the backyard.


I am loving the new look!
 

  Now I need to paint the containers of the two planters.  I'm not sure if I'm going to paint them black or my new favorite color Espresso Brown.  :)



My next project is to paint the trash can by the pool.  It has faded and needs more color.  This paint and color will work perfectly.

I hope I have inspired you to "refresh" some of your old outdoor furniture.  You will be so glad you did.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie



6 comments:

  1. I will never get over what a can of spray paint can do! They look wonderful and I'm sure you just smiled for days ;) Thanks for sharing these with us at Funtastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, you inspired me to do this. Your porch is so lovely and inviting. I love the welcoming and cozy feel. I came across two lovely wicker chairs in the light color, but need it in a dark brown too. I just might give this a try. Thank you for the post and great recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and letting me know I inspired you to give this a try. You will be very happy with the results. Have a wonderful evening!

      Delete