Pages

Dec 19, 2012

Ms. D's Family Room Part 1


Welcome back!!!
Grab a few cookies, a glass of egg nog and we will begin our
tour of our family room.

Upon entering the family room there is a collection of Santas to your left.
They come in all different sizes and shapes.  I have been collecting these Santas
for over 25 years.

I bought the tall Santa's hat last year at Cracker Barrel (one of my favorite places)
along with the springy looking Santa!  I picked up the "Believe" star this
year at Hobby Lobby.


Here's a photo of what it looks like at night.

My husband's mother painted this picture of the various Santas at a paint class she
took many years ago.  It was just sitting in her closet so we asked her if we could have it
and she said yes!  We immediately had it framed and it has been holding
a special place above our collection of Santas ever since.  I added
the "Santa Claus is watching" sign two years ago from Etsy.

This Santa is very special to me.  My sister-in-law gave him to me
in appreciation for decorating their new home for their "house warming party"
for Christmas several years ago.  It's hard to tell by the photo but his boots are really nice.
However, the soles are coming apart so for now they are being held together by hot glue!
 
Several years ago I picked up the large Santa face in Galveston, TX at a shop called
"Christmas on the Strand".  It's a perennial upscale gift and Christmas shop
located on The Strand.   Lucky for me I was fortunate enough to pick it up on sale!  :-)


The Santa with the beautiful garb was a steal I picked up at
Dillards one year when everything was on sale.  I find myself
hunting for another "steal" like him every year!
  
Thank you for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment