Pages

Jun 22, 2014

Christmas Holiday Decorating



I know what you're thinking...two Christmas posts in one week...this woman has lost her mind!!!  

According to the Xmas Clock there are 185 days 'til Christmas.  Do you have a plan for decorating your home or do you just wing it?  I am "crazy for Christmas" so I go over the top when it comes to decorating our home for the holidays.  We have eight trees, each decorated in a different theme.  Some are as large as nine feet tall with the smallest being two feet tall.  It takes me two full weeks to decorate our home.  I know, I'm crazy but it's okay.  I love it.  I am so lucky to have a husband that supports me in my craziness.  He brings everything down from the attic for me to decorate.  Once I am finished with all of the containers he brings them back up into the attic.

I will definitely be drinking a glass of wine as I decorate!!!

This year I will begin decorating on October 10th (on the inside - I'm not allowed to decorate the outside until the week before Thanksgiving).  Yes, you read right!!!  Our home will be fully decorated on the inside when trick-or-treaters come by our home to collect candy on Halloween.  They get so excited when they see the Christmas decor in the windows and the doorway.  Some of the little ones are even afraid of The Grinch.  :)  It's so cute.

I start decorating early so I can fully experience the holidays with my family and friends.  I don't want to have to pass up an event, activity or movie because I am decorating.  I also want to enjoy our home with all of the twinkling lights, sounds of Christmas and smell of Christmas.  I want our guests to feel as though they have been transformed to Christmas Wonderland when they enter our home.



Last year I was able to help Mrs. B decorate her home.  We had a lot of fun!  I also made a wreath for each of my grandkids to hang on their bedroom doors.  Good times!!!

Debbie  


No comments:

Post a Comment