Pages

Jun 5, 2014

Help! I Just Dropped My Nook Color In the Water!!!

If anyone in my family is following my blog, they are hearing this for the first time.  Yes, I dropped my Nook in the tanning deck area of the pool last year.  I confess.  There.  I said it.  No.  I am not proud of it.  I was lounging in the chaise lounge chair, reading, and I fell asleep.  Needless to say I woke up rather suddenly when I heard my Nook "splash" into the water.  I panicked.  Lucky for me I was the only one out there so I was spared the lecture of how could I do something so stupid.  :-) I quickly dried it off with my towel and tried to turn it on.  Nothing.  And I mean nothing.


So I quickly did a little research and found that the consensus was to place the Nook in a bag of uncooked rice for several days.  I placed my Nook in a large Ziploc bag with a full bag of rice and left it for a week.  Imagine how excited I was when I charged my Nook and was rewarded with a fully working Nook.  I was so relieved.  Rice really does work.  Now everyone knows why I do not take my Ipad outside.  :-)

Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment