Pages

Jun 23, 2014

Outdoor Patio Curtains

I've been wanting to hang outside curtains for quite a while now.  Like two years. But I wasn't sure I wanted to take a chance on blocking the view of the pool while looking out the door or the windows.  We also weren't sure how we were going to hang them.   

I explained to Mr. K what I wanted to do so we he could see if there was a way  to hang them from our patio cover.  We determined the width of the curtains was dictated by the distance of the area to the right of the column in the corner because it had the smallest area to work with.  That was pretty easy. 

Mr. K went to the hardware store and purchased hooks, 2" PVC pipe, and some pipe end caps.  He cut the pipe down to size.  He spray painted the hooks and the end caps with the Oil Rubbed Bronze.  They came out really nice.    


This area determined the width of the curtains.

2 inch PVC pipe

He drilled holes in the board for the hooks to sit in so it would be easy to paint.  Pretty clever!


End cap will give the finished look for the curtains.



I am patiently waiting for the Solarium outdoor fabric that I ordered from JoAnn's.  I had previously ordered 10 yards but it's not enough...especially since I have decided to make the curtains double sided.

Outdoor Fabric-Solarium Grovedale Spice, , hi-res

I hope to have an update a real soon!!!

Have a great day!

Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment