Pages

Jun 4, 2014

Patio and Garden Lights


We have had  lights strung along the patio cover for quite a few years now.  Way long before we ever had the pool put in.  I love the soft glow the bulbs put off.  It provides just the right amount of ambiance for a dinner on the patio.  (Romantic, right?)  The ones we like best are the Patio and Garden Globe Lights from Garden Ridge.  They remind me of the ones you used to see draped across the restaurant in Olive Garden.

I convinced the hubby that we really should continue the lights on across the front of the shed.  He was good with that, no problem.  Well this year comes along and I am "itching" to put up some more lights.  So I convince him that it would look really good and be really romantic if we drape a string or two of lights across the seating area in front of the shed and connect it to the patio.  As I am saying this I am thinking to myself, "girl, you are going to have to be extra careful not to bring these lights down when you are use the extension pole to clean the pool!"  So I told him, "you know how I am, I will make a concerted effort to be extra careful not to bring the lights down with the pole."


Being the good husband that he is, he agreed.  :-)  So that Saturday we went to Garden Ridge and bought two more strings of lights and put them up.  No problem o.  We used a connector and covered the open holes with caps so they are not exposed to the elements.  We draped the lights over the chairs, not the pool (safety first), and attached them to the patio cover.  Voila!!!



The next day he is cleaning the pool with the extension pole.  What does he do?  He brings down the lights!!!  He did not tell me for a week!!!  I laughed so hard.  It is not like him to do something like that.....it is all me.


Fast forward to Memorial Day weekend on Saturday night.  It's just him and I hanging out around the pool, the candles are lit in all of  the lanterns around the pool/patio area, music is playing and we're drinking pina coladas from the Margaritaville Blender that we finally used for the first time.  And guess what?  I see a bulb out in the string of lights draping across the lounge chairs.  What do I do?  I open my big mouth and bring it to his attention.  Of course, he wants to change it IMMEDIATELY (have I not learned anything in 20+ years).  So as I am going back into the house to get a bulb, I hear this loud noise (the strands of lights came apart when he reached up to touch it).  So he replugged them again.  He did it again.  I could not help myself.  I was laughing so hard.  You just had to be there to see how funny it was.  Needless to say he didn't find it funny until the next day, or maybe it was the next.  The noise it made when it hit the decking was so loud.  Let's just say the romantic moment was gone. 


The next morning we went to Garden Ridge and bought two more strings of lights and some green duct tape.  He used the tape to bind the two strands together so they do not come apart again.



We are very happy with the lights now!

Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment