Pages

Aug 27, 2014

Making a List and Checking it Twice



Christmas-Shopper-Clip-art



I know what you are thinking.  "Here she goes again, talking about Christmas shopping.  Enough already."  :)  Keep in mind that
my goal is for you to have more holiday spirit and less stress when the holidays arrive.
Ready or not......they are coming!!!

I started shopping early for Christmas 25 years ago.  I was pregnant with Brooke and my due date was December 18th (but she decided to come on December 24th!).  I did not want to be fighting traffic, parking and the crowds that far along in my pregnancy.  Have you seen the malls and shopping centers in the Houston area around Christmas time?  It's CRAZY!!!  I know what you're thinking....I can just shop online and not fight the crowds.  Yes, that is true and I do most of my shopping online.

I continue to do my Christmas shopping early so I can have more holiday spirit and less stress.  Repeat after me, more holiday spirit and less stress....more holiday spirit and less stress...more holiday spirit and less stress.  That's right.  Doesn't that sound great?

You can do this, too.  It's easy.  Put on some Christmas music, sit down with a glass of wine (or whatever your choice of beverage may be) and grab a pen and paper (yes, the old fashioned way!).  Think about the people that are important to you in your life.  Those that you want to give a little something to.  It doesn't have to be expensive gifts.  The gifts can be made by you or baked by you.  Starting early gives you an opportunity to put more thought and care in choosing gifts for your loved ones.

Once you have finalized your Christmas list determine what your budget is.  It is so much easier to stick to a budget when you start early and you aren't feeling the pressures of running out of time.  An added perk is you can wrap your gifts early and display them under your tree(s).  Sweet!!!

I have some really close friends that have adopted my philosophy of shopping early and they love it.  They enjoy the holiday spirit so much more.  It is so much easier to remember the "reason for the season" if you are less stressed.


In case you are wondering, both of my daughters start shopping early as I do.  This allows us to enjoy the season fully.  We have time to celebrate the traditions that are really important to us and celebrate the birthdays, too.

Take a moment for yourself.  Imagine a season with more time to enjoy the holidays.

Here's one of my favorite songs of all time......How Great is our God by Promise Keepers.

No comments:

Post a Comment