Pages

Sep 16, 2014

Ceiling Medallion for Breakfast Room - Update

I am so excited!!!  I finally painted the ceiling medallion for the breakfast room.  My inspiration for this project were the table and chairs in the breakfast room.
Chair back
Pedestal of table
Here is a photo of the medallion before I painted it.
First things first.  Must have Pandora playing loudly in the background.  :)
Supplies Needed:

Paper Plate
Paint Brush
Anita's All Purpose Gloss in Glossy Black
Plaid Folk Art Artist's Pigment in Burnt Umber
Decor Art Dazzling Metallic in Venetian Gold
I painted a base coat of gloss black.

 As I impatiently waited for the medallion to dry, I mixed the Burnt Umber and the Venetian Gold together.
I used a smaller brush with less stiff bristles to add the accent color.
 I randomly painted the raised areas of the medallion to add a little glitz and glamour.
 I am very excited to see it above the light fixture.
We have a lot going on this week so I'll be really surprised if we get it up soon.  I can't wait to see it done.  I have my fingers crossed that it may get done before we leave for McKinney, TX but I'm not holding my breath!!!

Take care,

Debbie



2 comments:

  1. That turned out really beautiful! I can't wait to see it up too either lol! Great job!

    Debi

    ReplyDelete