Pages

Oct 21, 2014

LSU Christmas Tree


There is so much more going on behind the scenes of what I am going to show you today.  I have finished decorating every tree in the house (seven + a modern one), hung up almost all of the art work (thanks to hubby's help), and laid out the villages (thanks to Brooke for doing the one on the bar!).  However, there are things I need to finish like snow for the villages, rework the garland so it stays together when I pack it up after Christmas, make a decision on what I want to put on the coffee table,  switch out the wreath for the picture of Santa, etc.  Follow me?  :)

Here are the steps I go through to decorate the LSU Christmas tree.  This tree has lots of ornaments of all different sizes and almost all of them are breakable.  The first thing I do is lay them out on the pool table in like groups.  This makes it so much easier to "grab n' hang".



The first thing that goes on the tree is the topper, which in this case, is the helment.  The helment is very heavy so I use the branches to balance it so it stays put.
Next I hang the ornaments that go on the inside of the tree so it has some color and depth when you look into the tree.  The Jester goes up next.  Followed by the special ornaments, etc.  The last thing I add is the filler that goes on the top of the tree and throughout the tree.
Here's a photo of the finished tree.  It took me about three hours to fluff and decorate it.  I did it while I was watching the Houston Texans and Pittsburgh Steelers game.  Needless to say, I wasn't thrilled with the outcome of the game.  The Texans lost 30-23.
I know some people say I am crazy.  I like to say that I am crazy for Christmas!

Hope you have a great day!!!

Take care,

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment