Pages

Jan 9, 2015

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly


OMG....things are looking a little desperate here.  Kevin packed up all of the outside Christmas decorations and it really looks naked.  The weather has been rainy and cold so I have not gotten around to putting things back to order.

Last winter, we were too lazy and did not take precaution with our landscaping or our plants.  Bad decision.  We Kevin had to do a lot of work in the beds to revive them.  I posted about it here.


So this year we were proactive and covered all of the plants that usually do not recover after a freeze.  Our fingers are crossed that it actually worked.


We  had really strong winds so we moved everything in a little closer together.



We moved several of the plants into the garage.


We covered the lemon and lime trees, bird of paradise plants, and the bougainvillea plants.  My fingers are double crossed that they all survive the cold.  That would be sweet!


Everything is piled together to keep it from flying in the wind.  So far, so good.




This looks like a hot mess!  At least it won't take us long to pack it up.

Do you have any plans for this weekend?  I will be packing up my decor.  It's bittersweet.  I usually am chomping at the bits to get everything put away but not this year.  I am still enjoying the ambiance of the Christmas lights.  The house will be so "empty" once everything is put away.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  Stay warm!

Take care,

Debbie




No comments:

Post a Comment