Pages

Jan 5, 2015

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe


One of the fun things I did while out on vacation over the holidays was going to see the play The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe that was put on by A.D. Players Children's Theater in Houston, TX.  It was adapted by Le Clanche duRand.

I was invited to go with our oldest daughter Tiffani, Ms. A and Ms. P.  They were going as a homeschooling group and invited me along.  This is a great example
of why I decorate early (okay, maybe really early) and shop for Christmas gifts
early so I am readily available for fun things like this.  There is no reason for
me to say no!

Here is a photo of what the stage looked like.  There were a few props that they used throughout the play.  The cast consisted of William Burke and Leslie Lenert.  They did an amazing job!  With only a few props, they were able to portray all of the characters they needed to tell the story.  They kept the attention of all of the children in the audience for the entire production (it lasted for an hour).  I loved it!


After the play they sold photos for $1.00 to be autographed or they signed your program.  They also allowed you to take photos with them.





Here is a photo of the homeschooling group we were with.


If you live in the Houston area, I highly suggest that you go to a production at A.D. Players Theater.  It is not as fancy as the Alley Theater, however, you will walk away having had a wonderful experience.  In fact, you may be saying to yourself (as I was) "I can't wait to come back!"

Take care,

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment