Pages

Jan 14, 2015

Whatever!!!

Blah Blah Blah Clipart Whatever blah blah

If you are a parent, mother or father, of young children or teenagers, I am sure you have heard the word "whatever" pronounced as "WHAT - ehv-errr".  I can clearly remember how much I despised that word.

We raised two girls, ten years apart.  I can tell you that when our oldest daughter began using the "W" word her younger sister was repeating it right behind her.  So imagine a 13 year old and a 3 year old both telling you "whatever".  :)  It didn't take me long to ban that word from our home.

Yes, you read that right.  I banned that word from our home.  "Whatever" was used in place of "whatever you say" and "I don't care what you say".  Only it sounded nicer.  Right?  Wrong.  The intention of the word was to dismiss anything I had said and to express her indifference.  Of course, the 3 year old had no idea she was being impolite.  The teenager, oh yeah, she knew. :)

You are probably wondering why am I bringing this up now?  Yesterday, at lunch, Nelly (from Nelly and Her Nerd and Miss J) was telling me about her conversation with Ms. J the night before.  Ms. J asked her what whatever meant.  Apparently, that day, her Kindergarten teacher had gotten frustrated with all of the children because they were all saying "WHAT - ehv-err"!  So she called them into a group to discuss how they are not to use the word "whatever".  I immediately had a flashback.  This was the first time I had ever heard that someone else had banned "that" word.  :)  Way too funny!

Here is an adorable video clip I found on youtube of a little girl being taught to say "whatever" with attitude.  Something tells me they will come to regret that one day!  Just saying!!!  She is so cute!!!



Take care,

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment