Pages

Mar 2, 2015

Craft Party


I had the girls over for a Craft Party and a sleepover on Saturday night.


Earlier that day I had picked up a few things at Michael's and Hobby Lobby.  :)

The girls love these sticker books.  I have been buying them since Ms. A was two years old.  And the truth be told, I love to do them myself.


 I bought the Infinity one for Sweet P and Star Wars for Ms. A.


Unfortunatley, we ran out of time and didn't get a chance to make any jewelry.  I promised Sweet P we'd get to them the next time they come over.


The banner is an Easter banner I picked up for them to make at home and place on their mantle.  I got me one, too!


 I also bought them personalized banners to put in their rooms along with Lollibands for their hair.

Love the tulips!  Reminds me of Spring!!!
  

I thought it would be fun to do crafts from my childhood like Spirograph and Sand Art.



The tulips were opening up as the night went on.


I find the stems to be almost as pretty as the flowers themselves.
 

 I gave each of the girls a baking pan and a spatula to help them work with the sand.


The glitter was a little harder to work with.



Here are the art pieces that Ms. A made. 


Sweet P made the fish looking one and the taller bottle.  I made the heart one.


I loved Spirograph as a child and wanted them to learn how to make the designs on their own.  The hardest part is going slow and keeping the teeth together.  It didn't take long before they were making their own designs.  It is a great quiet activity because they are concentrating so hard. 


 The set comes with colored markers rather than the colored pens when I was a child.  I prefer the pens because it makes your design much neater so I gave them pens and pencils and it made it much easier.


 Here are a few of our designs.  

  
We had pancakes and bacon for dinner.


This was the first time I had ever cooked bacon in the oven.  It was so much easier and turned out perfect.  I cooked it at 400 degrees for 18 minutes.


 Here's Sweet P working in her sticker book.  Once they get started it's hard to get them to stop.



You can't have a sleep over without painting your nails!


After the sticker books we watched Big Hero 6.  We had already seen it at the movies but we enjoyed watching it again.


I think it is a great movie for kids.  They really emphasize that it is important to get an education outside of high school.


They were being silly because they didn't want to go to sleep.  Any other time I would have let them stay up as late as they wanted but they had a Girl Scout cookie booth to work the next day. 


We woke up to a warm and rainy day on Sunday morning.  We were very lucky because the sun made an appearance after lunch.


Sweet P talking to her Paw Paw
 Here they are ready to go sell cookies



After they left I grilled chicken and sweet potatoes for the week.  I'll get at least 10 meals from the four chicken breasts.


I managed to binge watch the House of Cards all while grilling, cleaning up, and doing laundry.

 

How did you spend your weekend?

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Take care,

Debbie





No comments:

Post a Comment