Pages

Sep 14, 2015

Geaux Tigers



The LSU Tigers officially started their 2015 football schedule on the road this past Saturday against the Mississippi State Bulldogs.  Their first home game was supposed to be against McNeese State Cowboys but the game was cancelled due to bad weather.

The hubs and I had our own little tailgating party.  For our menu we chose wings from Buffalo Wild Wings with Honey Barbecue Sauce along with an order of dry rub.  They were delicious!!!  I must confess I've never been a "wings" girl until our anniversary trip to Disney World.  It took me a while to get on board but I really like them now.



We ordered fried pickles, french fries and onion rings to go along with our wings.  Our favorite of the three was definitely the onion rings.  We ordered way too much food and had plenty of leftovers.  Now we know not to order so much for just the two of us.


I pulled out some of the hubs' LSU items to "pretty it up".  The straws were from Brooke's wedding and I ordered the napkins a couple of years ago.  I don't remember where I ordered them from but you can find some like these here.  I left the LSU bucket empty because I did not want the ice and beer sweating on the counter.  :)


We picked up the cake at HEB.  It was a French Buttercream with white cake.  It is delicious.  If you live near an HEB be sure and try it out.  It is so good!!!


I am happy to say that LSU hung on to win 21-19.  It was a close game. 

LSU faces Auburn this Saturday at home.  We will be attending a very big LSU engagement party.  My nephew Hunter is getting married!!!  And yes, we love the girl he has chosen.  We are so happy to have Miranda "officially" join our family.

Did your favorite team win this weekend?  I'd love to hear what was on your game watching menu.

Take care and have a great day!

xoxoxo

Debbie













No comments:

Post a Comment