Pages

Sep 1, 2015

Labor of Love (or just plain craziness!)


Every time I was in the pool I would see this ugly bench and I just could not stand it any longer.

So last Monday I started working on refinishing the bench and two chairs from the backyard.  It took me three days to get them sanded and painted with two coats of paint.

The temperature on Monday was in the high 90's with the heat index of 105.  It was really hot!  I managed to stay hydrated but I still had a headache at the end of the day.

On Tuesday the weather was forecasted to rain so I was painting inside of the garage.  I was so happy when the cool winds blew in.  I was the crazy lady standing in the driveway with my arms out welcoming the cooler temperatures.  I did not care who saw me....it was so hot!!!

Lucky for me the rain brought a cold front with it so it was nice outside on Wednesday.  The added bonus was the low humidity.  I really lucked out.


I am hoping that by sanding it and repainting it we'll get a couple of more years out of it.


We bought a new rug for this sitting area because the other one was so faded and gross.  This one compliments the rug on the patio.

I love the way the cushions look with the newly painted chairs.  And no, we did not get a dog!  That is Brooke's dog, Presley.


And here is the newly refinished bench in it's place.


Of course, I did not stop there!  I cleaned off the pots on both sides of the garage and painted them with two coats of fresh paint.



I am very happy with the way they turned out.


The next thing we need to do is have mulch brought in and plant flowers.  I can't wait!!!


Have you been working on any special projects?  I think my next one will be painting the tops of the outdoor lights along the pathway.  They are looking a little tired.  :)  It's always something.

Hope you are having a great week!

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment