Pages

Oct 29, 2015

My New Home Office


Good morning and happy Thursday to you!  On Tuesday I shared with you the gallery wall I put together for my office.  Now I'd like to share with you the little things we did to make the built ins a little more pleasing to the eye.

Here is a before photo....


and here is an after photo.  We added corbels under the cabinet to give a more custom look (even though these were custom made years ago).  I ordered them from Lowe's




Ekena Millwork 4-in x 10-in Diane Recessed Polyurethane Corbel
Ekena Millwork 4-in x 10-in Diane Recessed Polyurethane Corbel
Ekena Millwork 4-in x 10-in Diane Recessed Polyurethane Corbel
Don't you love the new look?  I know I do.  All we had to do was paint them and adhere them to the wall with liquid nails.  We did use one finishing nail at the bottom of each corbel to help hold it in place as the liquid nails adhered to the wall.


We also added the finishing trim piece under the edge of the cabinets to give it a more finished look.  Is it perfect, no, but we are thrilled with the way it turned out.  Now the hubs doesn't think I am so crazy at least he says he doesn't for pushing forward on these ideas.


I think it's awesome that you can make a few changes without breaking the bank and get a much more pleasing look.  All in all, these two changes were under $120.00 for materials.


The original curtains I had intended for this window did not work out.  They were black with a white trellis.  I think it worked out for the best as I like the look of these much more.  And they were half the cost as I got these at Home Goods.  Oh how I love Home Goods!!!   If you've never been to a Home Goods store look for one in your area then run, don't walk, to see the awesome decor they have at a fraction of the cost.  I promise you, you will be singing their praises.

I considered getting a new desk to go along my new gallery wall and decided against it.  I love the angle this desk sits at as I am able to watch the squirrels play outside as I write posts to share with you.


This gallery wall makes my heart sing.  I shared with you how I put it together (with the help of the hubs) here.  My goal is to eventually replace these with my favorite personal photos from our trips to Disney World.


The hubs picked up some new dummy handles for the closet doors so they will blend in with the new hardware I ordered for the cabinet doors and the drawers.  They will take 10 days to come in.  They are very pretty.  I can't wait to share them with you.


Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoyed your tour of my new office.

I want to give a "shout out" to my wonderful partner in crime, the hubs!!!  I couldn't do this without his continued patience and commitment to get it done.  I believe two heads are always better than one when working on projects such as these.

Take care and have a blessed day!!!

xoxoxo

Debbie



P.S.
The next time you see my office it will be decorated for Christmas.  It is a "hot mess" right now with decorations laid out all over the counter!  Gotta get busy!!!  See you soon!












No comments:

Post a Comment