Pages

Oct 20, 2015

Our New Foyer


I am so excited to introduce you to our new foyer!!!  I love the new wall.  But our favorite change is the widening of the doorway to the family room.  It is so dramatic.  We are having a bit of a time getting used to it.  

We are searching for a console table for this wall.  In fact, I hope that by the time you read this we already have one.  I'd like something with an elegant look with some hidden storage.  I am going to hang a wreath over it for the holidays.  But, I'll be searching for a mirror to be placed there afterwards.

We have a small area of floor that needs to be replaced.  They have discontinued our flooring so we are hoping to get it repaired with the few pieces we have left.  Cross your fingers!  If not, we will have to come up with something else for the floor in the foyer.


We had the contractor add trim to the ceiling.  I think such a small change really dresses up the ceiling.



Here's my office.  It is so strange not seeing the doors.  A happy strange, that is.  I will be able to put up a collage of my Disney decor on this large wall.  I am so excited.  I ordered some black and white drapes for this window...just waiting for them to come in.


I took this opportunity to change the paint color in the foyer and my office. 


I have new hardware for the built ins in my office.  I also bought some corbels to add under the cabinets.  I can't wait to see it all come together.



I am so happy to have everything cleaned up.  There was so much dust!


What do you think of our little remodel?  Isn't it so much better?

Hope you have a great day!

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie

2 comments:

  1. I like the new foyer! Very nice. Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We'll have to have you and Jeff over for some of Kevin's gumbo. I'd love to sit and visit for a while to catch up on those adorable grandkids of yours!!! Love ya!!!!

      Delete