Pages

Nov 5, 2015

Choosing Hardware for Your Cabinets

Silver Faceted Glass Handle

I searched and searched for beautiful handles for my cabinets in my office.  I wanted something elegant, sophisticated, and with a little luck, bling.

I chose the ones you see above.  I found them at Hobby Lobby.  It was love at first sight.  I was thrilled when they came in.  The handles are of a good weight and every bit as beautiful in person.  But there was just one problem.  A very big problem.  The brackets and the handle did not line up evenly when you held them to the door.  I would have had to make a choice...did I want the flat silver part to lay straight or did I want the beautiful handle to be straight.  I was heart broken.  These handles reminded me of the many beautiful items our grandmothers and great grandmothers adorned their homes with.  It was like a beautiful piece of silver that you would place at a setting on your dining table.  They were that pretty.

I studied them, took them apart, showed them to anyone that would look at them to give me their honest opinion.  Should I return them or could we make them work?  The consensus was the same no matter who I asked.  Something was going to be off...either the handle or the bracket.  I was truly heart broken.  I'm not kidding.  I thought these were the handles for me.

I searched and searched online to find pretty handles.  I came across comments where customers had ordered handles similar to the ones I had ordered and had to return them for the same reasons.  I felt bad for them and their disappointment.

So the hubs suggested we go to Decor Builders Hardware on Beltway 8.  He reminded me that we had gone there to buy our hardware in the bathrooms.  So we went and I found these beautiful handles and pulls.


I am very happy with my choice.  I asked the hubs what he thought.  Do you know what he said?  He said "they are a little too feminine for me".  I knew then I had achieved the look I wanted.  After all, they are for my office.

I ordered these pulls for the drawers.


I am very excited to put these on the cabinets.  However, I have to be realistic with everything we have had going on and still have going on.  These will have to wait.  At least, until the floors are finished in the foyer and the coping is done around the pool.  Oh and one more, very small thing, Christmas decorating.  :)  I am almost done.  One more tree, decorating the kitchen, and switching out our art work for Christmas artwork.  I should be TOTALLY finished by this weekend.  Fingers crossed that I will be eating bonbons next week!  Ha ha!  What am I saying?  I have presents to wrap!!!  A girl can dream, right?

Have you started getting ready for the holidays?  If not, let me be the inspiration to you to think about your decorating or even your gift list.  Just think, anything you do now will make your holiday season so much more enjoyable.  After all, we can never forget the Reason for the Season, the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ.

I hope you have a blessed day today.

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie



1 comment: