Pages

Dec 24, 2015

Happy Birthday Brooke!!!


Today is Brooke's 26th birthday.  Her due date was actually December 18th but she held out for Christmas Eve.  What is so crazy is we actually planned her and we did not want a Christmas baby.  I would leave my birth control pills out on top of my dresser so I would not forget to take them and my "neat freak" husband would put them in the drawer.  Well out of sight out of mind....bingo!  I got pregnant ahead of schedule and she was born on Christmas Eve.  That, my friend, is a true story.

We have worked very hard every year to make sure she was not short changed in getting birthday and Christmas gifts.  To this very day, her birthday gifts are wrapped in birthday paper, not Christmas wrapping paper.

The day she was born there was snow on the ground in Houston.  We were having a Christmas Coastal Snowstorm.  We were so lucky that we did not have any trouble traveling the roads to the hospital.

I made her favorite cake.  A yellow butter cake mix with milk chocolate icing.  Easy peasy.



We will be celebrating her birthday today having her favorite meal, chicken and sausage gumbo.  We have a very busy day with her birthday, church and exchanging Christmas gifts with everyone.  It will be a lot of fun!


Wishing you a wonderful Christmas Eve with your family and friends....

xoxoxo

Debbie




No comments:

Post a Comment