Pages

Dec 31, 2015

Our New Year's Eve Celebration



Wow!  I can't believe it is December 31st.  Happy New Year's Eve!!!

This year we are staying home to bring in the New Year.  Partly because I am still getting over a terrible cold and partly because we normally stay home.  I love being home on New Year's Eve.  It is usually a slower evening after all the celebrating of Christmas and Brooke's birthday.

I am so happy to tell you that I finally finished a craft I started a couple of months ago.  Yeah, you read that right.  A couple of months ago!  Janelle and I had gotten together back in September and she had showed me how to make these beautiful ornaments.    The instructions can be found here.


Janelle used her Silhouette to cut out the letters, names and the Fleur de lis.


I am going to be totally honest with you.  It takes patience to make these beautiful ornaments.  But once you get a rhythm it is fairly easy.  I found the B, D and the P to be the hardest to apply.  Simply because if you weren't careful the letters stretched out of shape.  That is why I do not have a D on mine.  :)


I am very happy with the way they turned out. 


The hubs made chili for his meal while I am having boiled shrimp from HEB.  I chose the Cajun seasoning.  They are delicious!!!


I had two glasses of my favorite wine (the bottle was half empty when I started!) along with my chocolate covered strawberries.  Lucky for me the hubs doesn't eat them, either!


Hope you are having a wonderful New Year's Eve!!!

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie








No comments:

Post a Comment