Pages

Jan 5, 2016

Christmas Day Table Setting for Dinner



On Christmas Day I served the hubs cookies and milk in bed in my Mickey Mouse Cookies for Santa plate.  I thought that was pretty sweet of me.  :)  I mean for a minute I was thinking I could eat my own cookies on it but I didn't.  :)

On Christmas Day everyone came over around 5:00 p.m. for dinner.  We had leftover chicken and sausage gumbo and shrimp gumbo.  Yes, you read that right.  Leftovers on Christmas day.  If you have ever made gumbo before, you know that it is always better the day after once the seasonings have soaked in.  So good!!!

I hadn't given it much thought as to what our table setting would look like.  I had washed the cloth napkins from the day before (that's why they were wrinkled/I was not going to iron!) so I kind of started from there.  I chose to use candles for the ambiance.  The girls thought it was so cool to have dinner by candlelight.    It's always the little things. 


I had new crackers for everyone.



I rummaged through a stash I had of Christmas decor (tucked away in the game room) and found the pretty deer ornaments.



I added rhinestones to dress the table up a bit more.


The silver twists with the balls were from a wreath I had torn apart.  I added them to the roses and placed a few around the table.








It was really pretty once the candles were lit.  The rhinestones sparkled and the silver twisty balls shined.





Needless to say I was very pleased with the way it turned out.  Especially since it was done on a whim.  However, I must say these crackers were a bust.  The jokes weren't any good nor were the prizes.  The ones from Christmas Eve were much better!

Do you ever throw things together and wonder how much better could it have looked if I had planned it?  I'd love to hear your stories.

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie






No comments:

Post a Comment