Pages

Mar 17, 2016

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Happy Saint Patrick's Day


Happy St. Patrick's Day my friends!!!  Will you be doing anything special to celebrate today?  Believe it or not this is a holiday I do not decorate for.  We usually do not do anything special other than wearing green so we don't get pinched all day.

One year, several years back, I had to be in New Orleans for work and I brought the hubs and Brooke along with me.  It just so happened to be St. Patrick's Day so we were able to celebrate the New Orleans way with a fun parade and lots of beads.  Brooke loved it.  It was so lively with lots of people partying and having a good time.

I don't know about you but I grew up hearing it was all about the luck of the Irish, good health, good luck and happiness.

I decided to do a little research on the big wide web and discovered the three leaf clover has a religious meaning.

Happy ST. Patrick's Day 2016 Date
Did you know this?  I truly don't recall ever being told this and I am very surprised as I was raised Catholic.

Here's a St. Patrick's Day song for children that tells the story.  I found it to be very interesting.



I'm really curious.  Did you know the meaning of the three leaf clover or were you in the dark like me?  I certainly didn't teach my girls this when they were little.  I'm curious to see if they know.

I hope you have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

xoxoxo

Debbie




Download Saint-Patricks-Free-Clip-Art-Geographics-7



2 comments:

  1. Happy ☘ day! And yes, I did know that about St Patrick and the shamrock. I used to teach it to my Sunday school kids many years ago. 😊 I don't decorate much either, but I always have a leprechaun hunt for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for my 5 grands. (Rainbow licorice and gold chocolate coins). Fun! 🌈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy St. Patrick's day to you, Sue. I never thought about having a leprechaun hunt for the grandkids. That sounds like a lot of fun. I may have to steal that idea from you for next year. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete