Pages

Mar 9, 2016

Hippity Hoppity Easter's On It's Way


Here comes Peter Cottontail
Hoppin' down the bunny trail,
Hippity hoppity
Easter's on its way.

Bringin' ev'ry girl and boy
A basketful of Easter joy,
Things to make your Easter
Bright and gay.

He's got jelly beans for Tommy
Colored eggs for sister Sue,
There's an orchid for your mommy
And an Easter bonnet, too. Oh!

Here comes Peter Cottontail
Hoppin' down the bunny trail,
Hippity hoppity
Happy Easter Day!!!



Come on in and sneak a peek at our Easter decorations in our home.  (I'll share the outside with you a little latter!).  Slip your shoes off and grab a glass of sweet tea.
  I have cookies for you in the kitchen.

I love the fun and whimsical look of these black and white bunnies.  They make me smile.


Here's a closeup of the bunnies...one catching butterflies...


one collecting Easter eggs...

and one painting an egg.


I love these sweet fake pink flower branches.  The color reminds me that Spring is just around the corner and provides me with a way to display my decorative eggs on the branches.


I am still a little undecided as to how this section will play out.  I have 2 1/2 weeks to play with it to get it to look the way I want.


I love the pop of color the pink ribbon adds to the boxwood wreaths.


I love this bunny holding the basket of eggs.  It is very heavy.


This little family is made of a textured paper that is very lightweight.


I love how the added glitter designs make this bunny look so sophisticated.


Here are a couple of baskets with plastic eggs for the kiddos to play with.  I am sure it won't be long before they are hiding them around the house.


When I started decorating the mantel, I had no idea of how I was going to decorate it.  I only knew I wasn't ready to bring the picture down.  I wanted to enjoy it for one more month.  This lead me to a softer look without a lot of color.  I am very happy with the way it turned out.

I pulled the wooden church from the back bedroom and raised it on a stack of coasters so it would be a little taller (which meant I had to cover the coasters with Easter grass).

The lace and the flowers were from the decorations I had made for the wagon for Brooke's wedding.  I used white tulle to tie bows on the topiaries.


The banner was left over from last year.


I have had these stuffed bunnies for 20+ years.



These foil wrapped "chocolate candy" looking bunnies are a favorite of mine.  I got them a couple of years ago at the Brookwood store in Old Town Spring.  My MIL gifted me the church birdhouse a couple of years ago.



The majority of these bunny decorations were used to decorate Brooke's nursery.




The large metal basket has been used in the past to hold fruit on the breakfast table.  I won the Easter table runner in a drawing at church a couple of years ago.


No Easter would be complete without reading a couple of old favorites.


The stuffed bunny holding the yellow egg sings and the egg opens up to show a baby chick.  We've had it for at least 8 years.  Ms. A remembers playing with it when she was little.


We have a bunny and carrot tic-tac-toe set ready for anyone that wants to play.


Here's a look back to the front door.  We love our new foyer.


This sweet bunny holds a candle in its basket.



My SIL Shellie painted this egg for Brooke's nursery.




I bought this "Welcome" bunny piece in Park City, UT in June of 1994.  I was responsible for planning a sales meeting and activities for the company I worked for at the time and I found it in the gift shop of the hotel we were staying in.  This piece is breakable and pretty heavy.



My kitchen would not be complete without a few bunnies....


I already had the "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" bunnies out before decorating for Easter.


The silver plaque you see behind the faucet is quite heavy.


This little bunny makes me smile,  He is looking down the side of the pot watching the snail.


These are Brooke's dishes.  I imagine she will want them to display in her dining room when her new house is ready.


I had this printable left over from last year.  I tried hard to find it online so I could give credit to the blogger that was kind enough to share her talents.  If you know who it is please let me know.



I love the bunny chef.


This salt and pepper set and spoon holder was purchased at Mervyn's many years ago.



There aren't any bunnies here...I just love the way this turned out after Christmas.


The breakfast table is still a work of art...I'm not sure what I am going to do...I only know that it's not finished.  :)



How sweet is this bunny?


And this one?



 I love turning on this little lamp in the evening.


This little guy needs to be fixed...


along with this one, too.


Here are a few pics of what the decor looks like at night....



I am so happy I made the coffee filter wreath...it adds such a soft touch to the Easter decorations.



I hope you enjoyed your tour of our Easter decor.  Hey, that rhymes!  Let's go grab a few cookies and catch up on what's going on in your life.

xoxoxo

Debbie




No comments:

Post a Comment