Pages

Apr 22, 2016

Caught Red Handed



Good morning and happy Friday to you!!!  I am so grateful for this beautiful and bright sunshine day!  

We have an abundance of squirrels running freely throughout our neighborhood.  For the most part, I find them very entertaining.



That is until they get into my flower/plant pots and start digging up the dirt or completely digging up the flowers.


Here's one climbing into the pot with my hibiscus.



It appears to be staring me down, right?




Apparently it didn't find what it wanted so it moved on to my flowers in the beds.



On another day I caught this bad boy on top of my topiary eating.  His claws pull out the moss on the balls.


These balls have seen better days so I am going to replace them with ferns.



I have to admit I do enjoy watching them out of the window in my office.




Until they start digging in my flowers!



I recently read that Cayenne pepper is a good deterrent.  I am going to give that a try and see how it works.


I hope you have a wonderful weekend with lots of sunshine.

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie











2 comments:

  1. It didn't work on the cats in our flower beds. Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I was looking so forward to trying the pepper. I guess I am back to square one. We used to use moth balls in the front beds and it kept the cats out. I really don't want to be smelling moth balls while hanging out in the pool. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete