Pages

Apr 13, 2016

Our Trip to Waco



Hello and happy Wednesday!  Things have been really quiet around here as I have been so busy doing some consulting work.  I just finished a big job and have a little free time before I start the next project so I wanted to share our trip to Waco, TX with you.

I tried so hard to capture the flowers along the side of the highway but it's really hard when you are traveling 75 MPH.  It's not like I could ask the hubs to stop along the way as we were all so excited to reach our destination!  The girls watched a Star Wars movie on the way up there so it was incredibly quiet.


It was very overcast and it rained off and on our drive up.


Little did we know the temp was drastically dropping as we were getting closer to Waco.





We never really saw any large patches of Bluebonnets.  Just patches here and there along side the road.



Living in Texas we get to experience all kinds of weather...it's crazy!  Sweet P had on a pair of shorts and a tank top.  It was very cold and raining when we arrived in Waco.  Thank goodness she had a jacket!


Our first stop was HEB to get our Baylor Bears gear.  We bought shirts, scarves, and gloves.  The gloves were on sale for 60 cents.  That was the best buy of the day!


From there we drove to Vitek's BBQ to meet my brother, sister-in-law and my nephew and his fiancee for lunch.  They are well known for the Gut Pak.  Yes, you read that right.  When I read that my first reaction was no way I'm getting that!  Famous last words.  The guy at the counter talked me in to it and it was delicious!!!  Seriously!  They pile on Fritos corn chips, cheese, chopped beef, beans, sausage, pickles, onions, jalapeño peppers, BBQ sauce and a slice of bread.  It was so good!  Really!

From there we walked across the street to Baylor Bears Barefoot Campus Outfitter.  They have a HUGE selection of Baylor wear.  Ms. A and I each got a Baylor sweatshirt hoodie and Sweet P got a Baylor baseball cap.  The hubs found a Baylor baseball cap and a shirt for himself.

Our next stop was our hotel.  We stayed at the SpringHill Suites Waco Woodway.  The rooms were really big for us to move around in.  There were two comfy queen size beds.


We had plenty of floor space to lay out our suitcases.  There was a TV in the room with the beds.


A separate vanity in the room made it so convenient for us all to get ready.


The bathroom was nice.




We had a living room with another TV.  The sofa had a pull out sofa bed.  We had so much space Brooke and Brad stayed with us on Saturday night.  They slept on the sofa bed.


There was a desk area which I used to put my make up on while everyone else was getting ready.



There was a small kitchenette with a microwave, fridge and a coffee pot.  We will definitely stay there again.  And can you believe we got all this for the Baylor rate of $109 a night?  :)


I have so many pics to share with you I am having to break things up.  I'll have more for you tomorrow! 

Wishing you all the best!!!

xoxoxo

Debbie














No comments:

Post a Comment