Pages

Apr 25, 2016

Weekend Recap




Good morning and happy Monday to you!  I hope you all had a good weekend.  We worked on our "to do" list and managed to get a few things done.

Here's an update on the coping that was replaced around the pool.  We went with the brown walnut Travertine for the coping.  We chose a one inch coordinating glass tile to cover the exposed area that was previously covered with the original coping.


Here's a before photo to refresh your memory.


We are very excited with the new look.  Even more so with the fact that this issue will be done with for good.  There will be no more worrying about whether or not the white calcium deposits spots will return.  Woo hoo!  Here's a photo of what the spots looked like.  It didn't matter what they did to alleviate the situation these bad boys always showed up.


We are very happy with the new look.



After giving so much thought in choosing the accent tiles, we are very pleased with the way the smaller tiles coordinate with the original tiles.  We wanted something that would blend in like it has always been here.


We removed the curtains from the patio.  They were so gross and covered with so much dust.  You may be wondering why I waited for the hubs to do this project.  I have shared with you before my fear of lizards.  Honey, have we got lizards, geckos, whatever you want to call them.  They love to "hang out" in the panels of the curtains.  :(

So picture this.  He is taking down the curtains which requires a good bit of strength to slide the end caps off of the rods.  I fold them up and stack them to be washed.  All the while I am folding the curtains I am shaking them really hard to make sure there are No Lizards!  OMG!  One goes to hop off and gets on my hand! I start screaming because it is on me.  Not a happy moment for me!  He's looking over at me like are you crazy because I was embarrassing him.  :)  Our new neighbor was having a pool party yes I was so jealous because our pool is a hot mess!  I gave him a look and kept going.  There was one more incident and then I stopped.  I let him fold them and carry them to the washing machine.  I have my fingers and toes crossed that no lizards pop out when I go to wash them today.  If you hear someone screaming it will most likely be me.


Isn't it crazy how plain it looks without the curtains?  I can't imagine ever going without them again.


We changed out the artwork over the fireplace.  I love having color again.


I am changing things up and moving things around.  This large candle holder has always been in the main bath.  I've always been tempted to move it in the past but I was so happy with it where it was I didn't move it.  This time I stepped outside of the box and moved it.  I have to be honest with you.  I didn't think I'd leave it here, but so far so good.



Here's what it looks like in the main bath.  I moved the welcome plaque and added the candle.  I always felt good about burning a candle (with it inside the glass globe) when the kiddos were here.  Now I will burn the candle when they aren't here.  That way I am not worrying about whether or not they are tempted to play with the fire.  You never know with kids.



We rehung the "Home Sweet Home" plaque in the foyer.


I love the way it goes so well with the chest.  Don't you love it when things come together like this?  I know I do.


I'd love to hear what you did over the weekend.  Did you get any projects off of your "to do" list?

I hope you have a great day today.  I have an interview this morning, some consulting work to do, and I need to go to the grocery store for a few things.  The kiddos are coming over this afternoon for a stay over and I want to be prepared.  We are going to have the Penne Pie for dinner.  Yumm!  This is my new "go to" dish.  It is so easy and so darn good.  I shared the recipe with you here.  This will be my third time to make it.  I've changed it up a little by adding more sauce and extra cheese.  You really should try it.  I think your family will love it.  And you, my friend, will feel like a rock star!

Take care and see you soon!

xoxoxo

Debbie





No comments:

Post a Comment