Pages

May 27, 2016

Shopping at the Findery and Spice Village


Upon leaving the Harp Design Co. the hubs reminded me that Brooke and Brad had really liked The Finery on our first trip to Waco in April (post here).   Well he didn't have to say anymore to convince me to go so off we went.

Here are our sweet girls.  Our hearts runneth over.




We broke into two groups, Ms. A and I and Sweet P and her Paw Paw.  :)  There were so many pretty things to see.  They took off in a hurry while we took our time.


I immediately honed in on this sign "it is so good to be home".


It spoke to me in volumes.  You see, I am ALWAYS saying, like every.single.day "I love our home".  "It's so good to be home."  I NEVER take it for granted...not one single day.  My heart was singing and I had this ridiculous grin on my face.  Ms. A's response was "Maw Maw you should get it".  I totally agreed with her and together we picked out our favorite one.



I really liked this buffet.


This table is made of sheet metal and trimmed with rivets.  It is beautiful!!!  I couldn't help but run my hand over the surface.  The chairs held their own, too.  They were so pretty.


I love the stark contrast of the white flower in the rusted pancake syrup tin.  Rustic elegance.  :)


Here's a pic of the back of the chairs.


Wouldn't these cutting boards look so good on your counters or make great Christmas gifts?



I laughed when I saw this sign.  I mean it could apply to any and all of us in our immediate family.  Not me?!  We are all very passionate about what we like and want to do and from time to time there is a standoff.  :)  But, in our defense we ALWAYS work it out and support each others plans.

Ms. A and I ran into Sweet P and Paw Paw.  They were bragging about how they had already been upstairs.  He saw me holding tightly to the sign I wanted and had the nerve to tell me "you don't want to get that".  Ms. A looked at me to see what I was going to say.  She knew I was so excited about my new found sign.  I looked him dead straight in the eye and said "oh yes I do".  He tried again and I planted my feet deep into the floor.  remember what I said about having a standoff?  He tried to get me to switch it out for this sign.  Not.going.to.happen.  If he wanted that one he needed to get it.  I was not trading mine in for his.  I am laughing out loud as I type this...could it be the similarity to the wording on the sign?  Maybe?  :)  I (we) can all be quite stubborn when we want something.  #justbeinghonest


So Ms. A and I moved on through the store....with my sign under my arm.  :)


They had a nice selection of Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint.  Chalk paint has been all the rage for some time now.  There was a woman painting a set of chairs off to the right of this display.



I thought this sign spoke volumes..."there are some things that money just cannot buy like manners, morals and intelligence".  I am grateful we do not have a need to have this displayed in our home.  :)


Looking at all this rustic decor makes me want to have a second place to decorate or find someone that wants assistance in decorating theirs.  Any takers?


This lovely bed would look so good in a little girl's bedroom.  Imagine this with whites, soft pinks and lilacs.  #swoon


"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine" fits Sweet P so well.  She is over flowing with love and has hugs for everyone.  Ms. A is very caring and loving but don't let her see you fall.  She will laugh uncontrollably then check to see if you are okay.  The time I fell roller skating at Sweet P's party and she stood there laughing uncontrollably, ran back to tell everyone, and they asked her why she didn't help me up?  Gotta love her!


Well said.


I thought of all of you that are decorating with lots of grays.  Wouldn't these flowers be beautiful in your home?



You can see the silos from the window upstairs.


I fell in love with this lantern...almost bought it.  The glass was so thin I was concerned I would accidentally break it before I ever got it home.  I have been known to break a few of my own things.  



The hubs really liked these chairs.  The details were so pretty. I think he was seriously thinking of buying them until I sat in one and found out how uncomfortable they were.  Here's Sweet P checking out the price for her Paw Paw.  His sidekick.  :)


Hmmm...I could use a tray like this for the patio....


I love the part..."learn to say no, so your yes has some oomph".  I think we could all learn a little from that...right?



Here's another table made of sheet metal and rivets.  Think of all the abuse this table could take and still look good.


Wouldn't these be easy to recreate on our own?


I totally agree with this sign.  #lovewacotexas


Sweet P showed me this pillow.  She said "Maw Maw you will like this one".  So nice to see she recognizes this about me.  #grateful


I like this sign, too.


Do I need to say out loud who I thought of when I saw this box?  :)  I'm sure if I took a poll I'd find a lot more people that agree with this.


I snapped this pic as inspiration for an old wreath I am supposed to be reworking.  It has pretty purple flowers on it, too.


We bought the two signs and this coaster.  I want to state for the record, just the other night the hubs told me my sign was a good purchase.  :)  He likes where I displayed it.  When will he learn not to fight me?  I know what I am doing!


We headed over to Spice Village to see what they had there.  I really liked this painted Daisy on several brown papers used as canvases.  So simple yet stunning in person.  I was looking for signs for the pool area and didn't find any.  They had signs for everything else, even LSU!  The only things we bought here were the Baylor sparkles for the girls to wear to the game.


From there we had lunch at Ninfa's.  The hubs and I shared nachos, Sweet P had quesadillas and Ms. A had a taco.  Oh and I can't forget the queso!!!  Ms. A and I laughed the entire time we were there.  We were sitting opposite of the hubs and Sweet P and she could not help herself from sitting right next to him, patting his arm and leaning her head on his shoulder.  So sweet!!!  He would smile...taking to heart what I told him the day before.  One day she will be too busy for him.

Tomorrow I will share with you many, many photos form the baseball game.  After all, that is what we were there for, right?!!!  #sic'embears

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie




2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I feel you were 'right on' when you said one day the grandkids won't have time for you. I tell Jeff that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's true. I don't want him to look back one day and have regrets. You and I won't have any regrets. :) Did you check with Shelby about next week? I have an interview on Tuesday afternoon and another one on Wednesday. The time hasn't been finalized for Wednesday. Love you!!!!

      Delete