Hello my friends. I hope you had a great weekend with lots of beautiful weather.
I apologize for the silence. I never intended for this to go on for so long. Here's a quick summary of what's been going on around here since we got back from Waco a week ago this past Thursday.
The Friday after we got home I worked in the front yard pulling weeds and trimming plants. I was so pleased with my work and what I had accomplished. Until I start itching on the left side of my face under my chin. So I'm thinking something bit me, right?
On Monday morning I spent two hours trying to upload photos to write a post and it wouldn't work. This was my first time EVER having any problems so I didn't know what was going on. I did some poking around and found out I wasn't the only one having problems.
Fast forward to this past Wednesday (I'll go into more details later) and I have a full blown rash and I realize what I have and I am pissed!!!
You see, 13 years ago we had our front yard landscaped and a ground covering was put in the large bed. One day I was pulling weeds and had a spot swell up just like a bite. So off I go to the doctor and he tells me I have poison ivy. I laughed at him and said I don't have poison ivy in my yard. I told him I grew up with it as a child and I NEVER broke out but my brother did. I did not believe him. However, I did get my prescription for steroids.
I cannot tell you how many times over the 13 years I got poison ivy. Clearly I was allergic to the ground covering. So we had it removed. Well little did I know you can still get it because it is still in the soil. Did you hear me? IT IS STILL IN THE SOIL!!!! Yeah baby!!!
I hadn't realized that was what I had in February right before I left for AZ. I thought I had been bitten by a bug. It didn't look like it did before.
Stay with me now...on Tuesday I pulled weeds and trimmed my Knockout Rose bushes. It was hot and I was sweating. I remember thinking I hope I don't get a zit from wiping my face with my shirt. Well I shouldn't have worried about a zit...I was about to break out with lots of bumps! On Wednesday afternoon my face starts burning and it's hurting pretty bad by then. A light bulb goes off in my head and I realize what I have...fricking poison ivy. So I sent the hubs to Natural Rewards and he picked up Dr. King's Poison Ivy and Oak Relief. OMG!!! It helped relieve the pain so much. I could tell when it wore off. I chose not to go to the doctor because I didn't want to take steroids because then I'd get a yeast infection. So needless to say I was having a pity party for myself. I still have poison ivy but it's much more tolerable now. There are spots that are coming up that burn like fire and feels like needles but it is getting better.
I missed Sweet P's gymnastic performance on Saturday morning because I didn't feel good and I did not want to freak everyone out with oozing bumps on my face. :( I did manage to edit our photos from our trip so I'll be sharing those with you soon.
Now that the weather is nice and everyone is going camping and playing outside...watch out for poison ivy and poison oak. :) For real. I would never joke about that!!!