Pages

Sep 15, 2016

Birthday Celebrations


Hello and happy Thursday!!!  Things have been so busy around here.  I am playing "catch up" with posts I am behind on.  Bear with me as I get through these.  I want to document our celebrations.

I love this pic of the hubs and Mr. W sporting their LSU.  We bought him the outfit for Christmas.  I got the hubs the LSU shoes along with another pair pictured below.  It is so cute.  He can now say LSU.

Tiffani and the hubs celebrated their birthdays in August.  We originally planned to have a pool party but due to the crazy amount of rain we were getting we had an inside party.   We started with dinner at Texas Roadhouse before celebrating at home.

Tiffani and the hubs chose to have Bundtinis instead of a cake so the kiddos and I went the day before to get them. It was pouring rain.  I'm talking a deluge.  So I park the car and explain to them how we were going to get out of the car and under the cover.  The girls would go first and then Mr. W and I would go next.  The girls did their part so it was our turn.  Ha!!!  It was POURING rain.  I mean POURING!!!  I told Mr. W I was going to get out of the car and he was to jump in my arms and we would get under cover.  I get out of the car, standing in the pouring rain, and he stays sitting on the console of my car.  That's right.  He.did.not.move.  I'm calling him and he still does not move.  The girls are laughing as they watch this unfold.  I duck back in and swoop him out of the car.  I am soaked head to toe.  We get inside the store and it is freezing.  Sweet P had on her gymnastic leotard from practice and was turning purple.  :)  We placed our order and patiently waited for our cakes.  I probably let them have way more samples than I normally would have.  I later found out he does not like to get wet.  :)  I will never forget that moment.  I was in total disbelief because I had explained in details exactly what was going to happen.  It was so funny.  I guess you had to be there.


We bought them their own individual bundtlets.  Tiffani had the red velvet and the hubs had the lemon.


I used decorations from my birthday stash.


Tiffani and the girls had made rice krispy treats.  One of the hubs favorites.  We also had snacks to eat while watching movies.


Here's a pic of Tiffani and her favorite, Elvis Presley.


Sweet P wanted her pic taken, too.


And of course Ms. A had to show us how tall she is.  She is 5 feet 3 inches tall.  Yes, she is taller than all of us girls.


I believe it will be a while before Sweet P is taller than us.  :)



We gave Tiffani money for her birthday.


There is always rough housing going on when Uncle Brad is here.



The kids gave the hubs the FireTv gaming system for the family room.  Last year they gave him the FireStick and it is in the bedroom.


Here is a pic of the other pair of LSU tennis shoes I got him for his birthday.


We had a great time.  Our next birthday celebration will be Justin's.  His birthday is on Halloween.  Yes, he hates it being on Halloween.

Things are coming along nicely in the game room.  All we have left to do is caulk, fill the nail holes and touch up paint.  Oh and hang the new light.  We should be finished by this weekend.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie



"To cure jealousy is to see it for what it is, a dissatisfaction with self."
-- Joan Didion









No comments:

Post a Comment