Pages

Mar 9, 2017

2017 Shriners Hospitals for Children College Classic



This past weekend was a lot of fun.  It consisted of baseball, lots and lots of popcorn, cheering and way too much rain.



My nephew, Kameron Esthay, was in town.  He plays for the Baylor Bears.  It is always a treat to get to watch them play.  We follow them on TV but its always better in person.

#baylorbears
#sicembears

WARNING!!!
There are lots of photos ahead.


Baylor played Ole Miss on Friday, LSU on Saturday and Texas A&M on Sunday.


I don't have any photos from the Ole Miss game.  Janelle was over teaching me how to use my Silhouette Cameo.  My brother must have called me seven times telling me I needed to get up there to watch the game.  :)  They were having a lot of fun!  Baylor beat Ole Miss 4-0.





The batting lineup.


It was weird not cheering for LSU.  However, I think the hubs did a great job representing both teams.  He was sporting the shoes I gave him for his birthday.  His loyalty was to his nephew.  :)








While Kam is up to bat...


you will find my SIL doing this.  :)








LSU beat Baylor 4-0.

On Sunday Baylor played Texas A&M.  A&M had played TCU the night before and lost 11-10.  The game ended at 2 a.m.





Here is my brother patiently waiting for the game to start.


For the most part, this was a very boring game.  The Aggies were winning up until the last inning....when Baylor had last bat.




The bases were loaded and the shortstop, Cascadden, hit a Grand Slam.  We went nuts.  We were so happy!

Here's a video Baylor put together of this game.


In all the excitement our group was split up.  I wanted to capture the excitement on the players and the parents faces.


I think this pic of the McLean family sums it up pretty well.


I did get a chance to talk to Kam after the game.  Here he is looking for his Uncle Kevin.


They did meet up down the way but I couldn't get there in time to snap a pic.


Final score, Baylor beat A&M 6-3.


My brother and SIL stayed the night at our house.  The hubs had recorded the game so we watched the ending over and over and over.  We were so excited.

Go Bears!!!

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment