Pages

Mar 31, 2017

I Present to You -- My First Sign



I am so excited to share with you my very first sign!!!  I love it so much.


I got the wood from Brooke and Brad.  It was part of a strange looking pallet.  I removed all of the screws (there were SO MANY screws holding it together!) and brought all of the wood home.  The wood was so fresh you could still smell it.  Reminded me of years ago when my dad built our homes.

The first thing I did was patch up the holes and sand it down really good.  I used Behr's Leather Bound for the base coat.  I applied two coats.

#behrspaint



Once the base was good and dry I applied a coat of Martha Stewart Crafts Weather Crackle Effect.  I LOVE the crackle look.  There is something so magical to see the process work.

#marthastewart
#lovecracklefinish


I then applied one coat of Behr's Swiss Coffee over the layer of crackle.


The heavier the crackle the bigger the cracks.  I played it safe (since it was a small surface) and did a little of both.


Janelle helped me print the vinyl on my Silhouette Cameo.  We added the curly q's at the end of it to finish it off.  All before I painted the sign, I kept thinking it needed something more.  Something raised.  Something with texture.


So I stopped by Michael's and picked up these medallions.  They come two to a pack.  I dry brushed some of the base coat on it to give it more color.

#michaels


I hot glued the medallions to the board.


 I am so happy I did.  I think it gives it a much more pleasing look, don't you?


The color really stands out on the burgundy walls.


 I am over the moon with the way it looks.  And yes, I am looking for my next project!!!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie








2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I really appreciate your kind words. I hope you and your family have a very Happy Easter!

      Delete