Pages

Apr 12, 2017

Ladybug, Ladybug



Look what I found on one of the leaves of my Gerber Daisies!  Isn't it just the cutest thing?  How can anyone possibly question there being a God?  I truly marvel at all of the beautiful things God has created...so incredibly talented wouldn't you say?

#loveladybugs

Did you know that ladybugs consume plant-eating insects like aphids?  They lay hundreds of eggs in the colonies of aphids and other plant eating pests.  When they hatch, the ladybug larvae immediately begin to feed.  (Insert happy face!)


Their distinctive spots and attractive colors are meant to make them unappealing to predators.  Ladybugs can secrete a fluid from joints in their legs which gives them a foul taste.  Their coloring is a reminder to any animals that have tried to eat them before that they taste awful.


I don't know about you, but I certainly need all the help I can get in keeping my plants healthy and growing.  I was so thrilled to see this little guy hanging out in my plant.

Hope you are having a wonderful week getting ready for Easter.  Here is a sweet pic of Mr. W playing with the eggs.  He is fascinated with all of the eggs I have...especially the ones that are just for him.  :)


Such a cutie patootie!!!

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie









No comments:

Post a Comment