Pages

May 1, 2017

Pray for Those Effected By the Tornadoes



At least one tornado ripped through Canton, TX this past weekend killing at least five people and injuring many others.  Home and businesses were destroyed.  You can see footage of the tornadoes here.  Please pray for the people of Canton, Van Zandt County, Eustace, Fruitvale and other areas affected by the devastating tornadoes of April 29, 2017.

Canton is known for the First Monday Trade Days that are held on one weekend per month, on Thursday through Sunday prior to the first Monday of the month, year round.

First Monday Trade Days in Canton is considered the largest flea market in the U.S.  It is so big it spreads out on hundreds of acres at multiple venues, and has spaces for about 6,000 vendors.

I have never been to Canton, however, it is on my list of things to do.  Having said that, I was invited to go this past weekend with Mary, a very good friend of mine, and her sisters.  I chose not to go because I was having a laser treatment on my face and I wasn't sure how I'd feel afterwards so I chose not to go.

Imagine my surprise when I saw the news on Saturday night.  I immediately tried to get hold of my friend through text and her Facebook to no avail.  I finally connected with Mary's daughter and she promised to let me know as soon as she heard something.

I was so worried.  The first thing I wanted to do was throw up.  Seriously.  I was so afraid for them.  I could not imagine going through something like that.  I prayed and prayed for them and everyone else.  Rather than let my mind go crazy, I totally turned it over to God.  I finally fell asleep at 4 a.m.  Mary's daughter sent me a message at 9:09 a.m. on Sunday morning saying her mom and aunts were all okay.  I can't begin to tell you the relief I felt when I got the message.  God is so good!  ALL THE TIME!!!

You can imagine how overwhelming it was for Mary and her sisters to get all of the texts and Facebook messages from everyone checking up on them.  Here's what one of Mary's sister's had to say....


"Hey all, first and foremost....THANK YOU so much for your concern, your love, and your heartfelt prayers. As I sit here in Patty's car heading back home, reading all of your many many posts. I have been moved to absolute tears. Tears of love. I feel so much love and blessing in my heart. Storms never touched the Walmart where my sisters were on lock down for almost 4 hours, a miracle in and of itself. And even though I was in the B&B with a nasty stomach virus, I have no doubt that I was the most blessed of our group. The owner is a spirit filled Christian whose son was there with his sweet comforting Dane puppy (comforted me) to help her this weekend. Just so happens that he is a spirit gifted prayer warrior who led us in powerful protection prayer through 4 tornadoes. Ranging from an F3 to F5-6. At least one of the strongest touched down on the west side of her home, flew over the B&B and touched down immediately on the east side. She heard it sail over us. Now people, let me tell you...that was no coincidence, that was GOD, almighty. Thank you for all your part in it. Amen"


What she didn't say was the wedding venue right next to them was crushed.  The tornadoes literally jumped right over them.  No doubt God was watching over them.

Please pray for those effected by the tornadoes.

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie






No comments:

Post a Comment