Pages

May 10, 2017

The Beauty and Simplicity of a Magnolia Wreath


I love the look of a magnolia wreath.  The beauty and simplicity is like no other.  I have wanted a magnolia wreath for some time now.  I'd see them at retail stores but I didn't want to pay the price they were asking for them.  I knew I could make one way cheaper.

#magnoliawreaths
#lovethem

So I had my daughter Tiffani cut a few branches off of her magnolia tree for me.


I already had a grapevine wreath in the attic from an old wreath.  I removed the old flowers so I could make my new wreath.  :)

It is really very simple.  All you need is a glue gun.  I glued one leaf laying towards the inside of the wreath, one towards the outside and one up the middle.  I alternated as I did each one because I didn't want them to lay the same way.

And....I did as I always do.  I burned my finger holding down a leaf.  :)  It only takes one time and you remember how hot it gets.  So be careful!



I'm not sure how long it took me to make the wreath.  I was in the garage with the music playing rather loudly.  I'd take a break every once in a while to snap a photo and grab a drink of water.


Once I was finished I hung it up on the door to the breakfast room.  I wanted the contrast of the green leaves on the white door so I could see where I needed to add more leaves.  You can see from the pic below there were a few gaps here and there.  It was really easy to fix.  Put a little glue on the tips of the leaves and insert them where you want them.  Easy peasy!


I love how glossy the leaves are...and I didn't spray anything on them!  :)


I am over the moon with my new magnolia wreath.  And the best part?  It didn't cost me anything.  I had everything I needed to make it.  :)

I am working on the hubs to have our pine tree removed so we can plant a Little Gem Magnolia tree.  He's coming around.  Then I'd have an endless supply of leaves!!!


I have three more wreaths to make.  Two for Brooke and one for Tiffani.  I think I'm going to make a smaller one for my breakfast room door.  :)

Hope you have a wonderful evening!!!

xoxoxo

Debbie



"Morning without you is a dwindled dawn."
-- Emily Dickinson


No comments:

Post a Comment