Pages

May 11, 2017

The Demise of Our Knockout Roses




No I haven't lost my mind.  And yes I'm posting Christmas decoration pics!!! 

Today's post is a record of the steady decline of our knockout roses.  Back in November the pest control company we have used for years added a plant care program.  I was very excited as I had been quite challenged in keeping our knockout roses going.  They would get some pesky disease, I'd get rid of it...then it would start all over again.  So when they started this program I was so excited.  I couldn't sign up fast enough.  The person in charge of this category had more than 20 years experience.  Surely their knowledge would have my plants healthy and thriving.

The first set of pics were taken on December 13th.  The first pic shows my lime tree is healthy and very much alive.

In the one below, the knockout roses look pretty healthy.


The roses look really good in the pic below.  My lemon tree looks good, too.


The next set of pics were taken on March 24th.  They are fried.  :)  Needless to say, I was sick.  I loved my knockout roses.  They provide beautiful flowers throughout the year.


They were looking pretty bad.
  

The next set of pics were taken on April 14th.  It saddens me to see these pics.




I lost my lime and lemon trees.




Without going into detail, I will say they blamed the demise of my roses on the one day of freeze we had.  :)  Funny how all of the knockout roses in Pearland are thriving and mine croaked.  :(  Maybe not so funny.


So for the last couple of weeks I have been getting bids from landscapers to refresh our landscaping in the front and the back.   We found one the hubs and I both liked a lot.  We are very happy with the way everything has turned out.  We are both smiling again!!!  I'll share the pics with you on Friday.

Hope you have a wonderful Thursday!

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie











No comments:

Post a Comment