Pages

Jun 29, 2017

Adding Decor to Your Outdoor Space


I love adding decorative pieces to our outdoor spaces.  Similar to decorating the inside of your home, it adds dimension and another layer of decor.  It is so much more interesting and pleasing to the eye.

We finally hung up the new curtains and I have to be honest.  I wasn't sure I was going to like the sheer curtains.  I wasn't feeling it, if you know what I mean.



I have to admit they have grown on me and now I love them!  

I especially like it when they are blowing in the wind.  There is something ethereal about it.  Makes me feel like I'm in the Bahamas.  :)  Really!

I've bought a few things to use as tie backs...just not sure yet if I want to harness them in.


A sweet friend of ours, Kim,  bought us the "our happy place" sign hanging on the inside of the pergola.  She added her touch by painting it and adding a couple of fleur de lis.  We love it!  It looks perfect.


I came across this kinetic energy decorative piece at Ace Hardware.  My thought was we needed to add some copper color to the left side of the garden.  I think it looks really good.  I love that I can see it from the kitchen sink.


This fleur de lis was originally on the front porch.  It was so faded and needed new life.  Kim (the one who gifted us with the sign) volunteered to take it and repaint it.  Now it looks better than it ever did before.  I tried to find a place for it in our home but we didn't have any room for it.  :)


Kim also painted the flower on the fence.  It used to be painted in the pinks.  Now it blends so much better with the rest of the decor.  I added the leaves (from Kim, too) to give the look of a flower on a stem.



Do you have a friend you can exchange/trade home decor with?  It is a great way to keep things looking fresh without spending any money.

The girls and I are always passing things back and forth with one another.  Lucky for me, Kim has been cleaning out her storage and passing the items she doesn't want on to me.  I've kept a few and I've given away quite a bit to friends and family.  My dad always said "one man's trash is another man's treasure".  :)

#trashtotreasure

The next two things also came from Kim.  I added the blue metal decor to the side of the house where we keep the nets.  It's nice to see something pretty hanging on the fence.


I added this piece over near the pool equipment.


Do you have any decorative pieces you are tired of seeing in your home that would look great outdoors?  Look around...you may be surprised at what you can come up with!

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie



"To sit in the shade on a fine day, and look upon verdure (lush green vegetation) is the most perfect refreshment."
- Jane Austen




No comments:

Post a Comment