Pages

Jul 1, 2017

An Inexpensive Way to Add Style to Your Gas Starter For Your Fireplace



Now that was a mouthful.  :)  Okay, so I didn't know what to title this post.  I tried googling to get the proper name and couldn't find anything on it so I asked the hubs.  He looked at me with a puzzled face and said "a gas starter for the fireplace".  So that is what we are going to call it for now.

If you have a fireplace, you probably have a fire starter box located near your fireplace.  Ours had a plain Jane white knob.  I'm not sure if it was ceramic or wooden.  I never thought much of it until I went to a friend's house (Kim's) and saw hers.  She had replaced the original plain knob with a beautiful knob from Hobby Lobby.  OMG!!!  I loved it!  I immediately asked if she would mind if I copied her and of course she said no.

#lovehobbylobby
#hobbylobbysalesrock

So off I was to Hobby Lobby to find a beautiful knob for our fire starter.  Lucky for me Hobby Lobby had their knobs/handles on sale so I got mine for $5.00.  I am always looking for ways to add a little bling to my life.  :)

  


You can imagine the hubs reaction when I told him I wanted to change out the knob.  He couldn't see what was wrong with the one we had of course!  Lucky for me he usually goes along with most of my ideas so I replaced the knob.  And guess what?  The screw was too long!  So much for a quick change out.


So the hubs cut off enough of the screw for the door to close.  He always comes to my rescue.  :)





I love the way it looks.  I think it looks like a framed piece instead of a fire starter box without any style.


Now I have wanted to do this post for a long time.  Like maybe a year?  Can you believe I finally write it and Hobby Lobby has their knobs on sale?  Sounds like kismet to me.   Here are a few samples of what they have.  The prices range from $2.00 on up.  That's right...I said $2.00!!!  



                          

 




 


 

 

 


This is a very small sample of what Hobby Lobby has to offer.  Whatever your style/taste is, I am sure you will find something you like.

I'm curious to know if you go out and get one for your fire starter box.  If you do, be sure and let me know which one you picked!

Hope you have a fabulous day today and every day!!!

xoxoxo

Debbie



"Treat yourself today!  You are a unique, sparkling, spectacular soul.  Celebrate you!
- Amy Leigh Mercree







No comments:

Post a Comment