Pages

Aug 4, 2017

My Morning and Evening Ritual



Happy Friday my sweet friends!

Today I want to share with you my morning and evening ritual.
I call it "my time with Jesus".

The author, Sarah Young, says it best.

"What a gift it is to start the day knowing that God loves us and has a plan for us.  Before the rush of the calendar and responsibilities takes over, while the world is still and the morning coffee is hot, take a moment to pause in the presence of Jesus.  Starting your day in Scripture reading, prayer, and devotions provides you with strength and peace - both of which you are likely to need in the coming hours.

As the day winds to a close, thank the Lord for the joys and blessings of the day, acknowledging that He was with you each step of the way.  Release your fears and cast your anxieties on Him, knowing that they are safe in His care and trusting that He is at work on your behalf.  Rest peacefully, knowing that you are not in control but that the One who is in control is working to make all things to work together for good."

Here are the excerpts for today.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.



Morning

Hold my hand, and walk joyously with Me through this day.  Together we will savor the pleasures and endure the difficulties it brings.  Be on the lookout for everything I have prepared for you:  stunning scenery, bracing winds of adventure, cozy nooks for resting when you are weary, and much more.  I am your Guide, as well as your constant Companion.  I know every step of this journey ahead of you, all the way to heaven.

You don't have to choose between staying close to Me and staying on course.  Since I am the Way, staying close to Me is staying on course.  As you focus your thoughts on Me, I will guide you carefully along today's journey.  Don't worry about what is around the next bend. Just concentrate on enjoying My Presence and staying in step with Me.


Evening

When you get so focused on your plans that you hardly see anything else, you are unavailable to Me. If you start feeling frustrated or distant from Me, take time to seek My Face - the magnetic attraction of My Love will empower you to resist the pull of your planning path.  This frees you to respond to My initiatives, joining in the things I have already set in motion.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. -- Proverbs 16:9

For we are God's (own) handiwork.  (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, (born anew) that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us (taking paths which He prepared ahead of time), that we should walk in them (living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live). -- Ephesians 2:10 AMP


You can pick up your own copy at Hobby Lobby.  I found it near the cash register on an end cap.  Be sure and use your 40% off coupon.

Hope you have a blessed day and an amazing weekend!!!

xoxoxo

Debbie










No comments:

Post a Comment